List Price: $229.00
Sale Price: $229.00
(as of 04/27/2016 02:02 UTC)Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product..
Free Shipping: Eligible For Free Shipping
Burrs: Produced in Europe, the Virtuoso\'s 40 mm conical burrs grind coffee at 1.five to two.four g/sec. dependent on the setting. But what actually sets the Virtuoso burrs apart is that these burrs can do a really uniform grind, with a distinct lack of fines across its grinding selection. So the Virtuoso burrs are exceptional for espresso, drip, guide brewing strategies and Press Pot. These conical burrs are sturdy and will remain sharp for several many years. The burrs have a precision mounting method to guarantee a stable platform for exact grinding. Gearbox: In 2012, Baratza launched the second generation Gearbox (GB 2.). With GB two., Baratza has drastically improved the power and sturdiness of the drive transmission even though decreasing noise. Grind Adjustment: Turn the hopper and with forty settings you can speedily alter from fine for espresso to coarse for French Press. The grind selection is from 250 to 1200 microns. Grinds Left in Grinder: To maximize freshness, the Virtuoso minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder. Brewing Method: The Virtuoso is a great all all around grinder, from manual brewing to espresso. Motor: A potent, substantial torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits prolonged grinding duty-cycles. Calibration: An innovative burr calibration program guarantees that each and every grinder has the full assortment of grind. Pace Management: With unique speed handle, the Virtuoso utilizes a combination of gear and electronic velocity reduction to manage the rotation of the burr to 500 RPM. The electronic velocity controller is adjustable from 405 to 495 RPM in the occasion that certain user problems need modification of the velocity. Timer Switch: The Virtuoso has a 60-2nd timer with segmented graphics.
- Let the Virtuoso's professional-grade 40mm conical burrs perform their magic for a consistent, fine grind. How about a French Press? The Virtuoso can handle that too, with a particle size uniformity that gives you consistency from cup to cup. In fact, the Virtuoso is so consistent at both the coarse and fine ends of the grind range that we consider it to be in a class all by itself - and so do many of the micro- and specialty-roasters who swear by it.
- The secret to the Virtuoso's consistent, smooth grind is: an efficient DC motor keeps your beans cool, even during extended grind times, while a combination of electric and gear speed reducers slow the burr to 450 RPM, ensuring a smooth bean feed and reducing noise, heat and static buildup.
- The Virtuoso's exterior is just as finely tuned as its interior - a convenient front-mounted pulse button allows for grinding directly into an espresso filter basket, while a 60-second timer means that it's easy to replicate the ideal grind time. With the Virtuoso, the look goes beyond merely functional.
- A sculptured metal top and base give this grinder an expensive, elegant image that adds a sense of class and quality to kitchen counters and coffee shop workspaces alike.
- Speed to Grind: 1.5 to 2.4 g/sec.; Bean Hopper Capacity: 8 oz (227g); Grounds Bin Capacity: 5 oz. (142 g); Weight: 8 lbs. (3.6kg); Dimensions WxHxD cm: 12x35x16 cm; Power Rating (North America): 110 V AC 50/60 Hz. 1 Amp; Power Rating (Other): 230 V AC 50/60 Hz. .5 Amps; Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK; Designed & Engineered: Seattle, WA, USA