Baratza Virtuoso - Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
List Price: $229.00
Sale Price: $229.00
(as of 04/27/2016 02:02 UTC)Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product..
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Free Shipping: Eligible For Free Shipping
The Virtuoso is the grinder that will get you there with perform, elegance, and design. Burrs: Produced in Europe, the Virtuoso\'s forty mm conical burrs grind coffee at one.5 to 2.four g/sec. based on the setting. But what genuinely sets the Virtuoso burrs apart is that these burrs can do a extremely uniform grind, with a distinct lack of fines across its grinding assortment. Gearbox: In 2012, Baratza launched the 2nd generation Gearbox (GB 2.). With GB two., Baratza has considerably increased the strength and sturdiness of the drive transmission while reducing noise. Grind Adjustment: Turn the hopper and with 40 settings you can rapidly change from fine for espresso to coarse for French Press. The grind variety is from 250 to 1200 microns. Grinds Left in Grinder: To maximize freshness, the Virtuoso minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder. Brewing Strategy: The Virtuoso is a excellent all about grinder, from manual brewing to espresso. Motor: A powerful, higher torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns gradually resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits extended grinding duty-cycles. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting thermal cutoff switch. Calibration: An progressive burr calibration system ensures that every grinder has the total selection of grind. If essential, the grinders can be user calibrated. Pace Handle: With unique pace control, the Virtuoso employs a blend of gear and electronic speed reduction to handle the rotation of the burr to 500 RPM. The electronic velocity controller is adjustable from 405 to 495 RPM in the occasion that specific consumer problems require modification of the pace. Timer Switch: The Virtuoso has a 60-second timer with segmented graphics, for very easily repeatable grind times.
- The Virtuoso lives up to its name by providing technical skill, classic style and a consistent, quality grind.
- Grinding for espresso? Let the Virtuoso's professional-grade 40mm conical burrs perform their magic for a consistent, fine grind. How about a French Press? The Virtuoso can handle that too, with a particle size uniformity that gives you consistency from cup to cup.
- The Virtuoso is so consistent at both the coarse and fine ends of the grind range that we consider it to be in a class all by itself - and so do many of the micro- and specialty-roasters who swear by it.
- The secret to the Virtuoso's consistent, smooth grind is two-fold: an efficient DC motor keeps your beans cool, even during extended grind times, while a combination of electric and gear speed reducers slow the burr to 450 RPM, ensuring a smooth bean feed and reducing noise, heat and static buildup.
- The Virtuoso's exterior is just as finely tuned as its interior - a convenient front-mounted pulse button allows for grinding directly into an espresso filter basket, while a 60-second timer means that it's easy to replicate the ideal grind time. With the Virtuoso, the look goes beyond merely functional. A sculptured metal top and base give this grinder an expensive, elegant image that adds a sense of class and quality to kitchen counters and coffee shop workspaces alike.