White Peony Loose Leaf Tea (Bai Mu Dan) - 50 grams
List Price: $9.95
Sale Price: $9.95
(as of 04/27/2016 02:02 UTC)Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product..
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Free Shipping: Eligible For Free Shipping
White Peony Tea (called Bai Mu Dan in Chinese) is a perennial favourite amongst white tea lovers and the initial white tea that a lot of people encounter. That said, White Peony is an atypical white tea in a number of respects. The very first thing you will discover is the ragged-bulky leaf look. This is simply because White Peony is traditionally basically sun dried. It is not rolled or curled in anyway. This all-natural sun drying approach accounts for the non-uniform visual appeal of the loose tea. It also does not pack compactly which is why we had to offer you this tea in smaller sized weights. The leaves of White Peony simply would not match into our packages. Also atypical, is that White Peony typically is harvested picking the bud and the top two leaves. In contrast, most white teas are bud only teas. This variation in leaf size adds to the irregular physical appearance of the tea and offers White Peony a lot more extreme taste and colour and a whole lot much more staying power than most white teas. You will very easily get four-five brewings from this tea, whereas a typical white tea with a far more delicate flavor profile will only brew after or twice. Last but not least, White Peony is a lot a lot more reasonably priced than most white teas. This is due to the prior two objects described. The drying process couldn\'t be any significantly less labor intensive and due to the fact we\'re selecting the bud and best two leaves we get much more bang for the buck and White Peony tea is quite well-known in China and extensively cultivated. I was really please to find this tea getting grown organically in Fujian province. You will recognize the distinctive white tea (type of roasted nut) flavor immediately. The mouth really feel is rich a luxurious and the total flavor profile a lot more intense. If you are a fan of the quite delicate white teas this may possibly not be the a single for you (check out our silver needle rather). But if you love the taste of white tea and want you could have it without having the higher cost tag and fussiness, this may possibly be your tea.
- CLEARANCE PRICE! Making room for the spring 2016 harvest. White tea may be the HEALTHIEST OF ALL TYPES OF TEAS. White teas undergo the least amount of processing after harvest and so are the richest in healthy ANTI-OXIDANTS, CATECHINS, POLYPHENOLS and L-theanine. They are also the lowest in caffeine
- White teas are considered by many tea connoisseurs to be the pinnacle of the tea maker's craft. These teas are harvested when the tea buds are just beginning to sprout. The processing is minimal relying instead on the flavor of high quality tea to carry the day. The tastes are delicate and smooth. White teas are so called because the color of the brewed tea is light yellow to golden. The tastes are typically slightly sweet and nutty. These are TEAS FOR REAL TEA LOVERS!
- Fresh teas taste better and are more potent. Never get stuck with stale, bitter or burnt tasting teas again. We're currently shipping the 2015 harvests
- Our gourmet loose-leaf teas are a better value than low-quality teabags teas because you can brew the same leaves up to 3 times. This works out to just pennies a cup and a whole lot better tasting
- We founded our family-run tea business in 2004. Our focus is making gourmet quality loose-leaf teas affordable by eliminating middle-men and working directly with small farmers to produce all natural, chemical-free and pesticide-free teas. We stand by our products with the Immortalitea 60 Day Money-Back Guarantee.